This chicken was literally finger-licking good. The tangy Greek flavour is so unique and so delicious!
The meal is pretty simple to prepare, but does take some time to cook. But trust me, it’s very much worth the wait!
1 whole chicken
¼ cup lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp Greek oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp Sriracha
1 bulb of fennel
- Mix all the ingredients together in a measuring cup.
- Slide your hand between the skin and the meat and separate it slightly from the chicken so you can fill it with the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into this opening all around the chicken and inside the chicken cavity.
- Let sit in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and cook for 45-60 mins, depending on the size of the chicken.
- Cut the end off the fennel and cut into quarters.
- Once the chicken is about half cooked, put the fennel into the same baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Fennel will be done at the same time as the chicken.
- Serve with Greek lemon potatoes (recipe here). These use almost all the same ingredients as the chicken, and we added Sriracha to them as well. Enjoy!